To our Steady Speed Irish Sessions Online
Throughout the year 2020 I couldn't meet any of my students in person. So, with my partner Garry, I started the online steady speed sessions. They allow all abilities of player a chance to join with others, to play our wonderful repertoire of traditional music.
18 months on, when I finally got to hear my students play live again, even I was stunned by their improvement during lockdown.
It proved what I had always preached -
Play slower to get better, faster!
We've been asked to continue our online sessions post-lockdown - and we invite you to join in with the magic of our
Slow Music Movement
FREE to join in (donations appreciated)
FREE audio files
FREE music pdfs
We're taking a break for the summer festival season - we look forward to seeing you in the autumn fall.
... thank you!
... if possible, please donate via Paypal 'friends & family' to FolkFiddleTeacher@gmail.com (avoids Paypal's big cut!)
playing slowly ...
* Helps you master your instrument
* Allows time to consider every note - tone, intonation, dynamics & rhythm
* Deepens your appreciation & understanding of music
Every note counts.
before each session...
* Listen & learn using the mp3 audio practice tracks below
* View the sheet music below - everything's in the correct running order! Print if you wish.
on the night...
* A gentle stretch - each tune played once through slowly, then slightly faster second & third time
* Insights and expert technical tips for bringing the music to life
* and a warm welcome from our multinational audience
* End each session with a 'fast blast' through a tune or two. You like a challenge!
we promise you'll play slowly... and get better, faster!