To our Online Steady Speed Sessions
Throughout the year 2020 I couldn't meet any of my students in person. So, with my partner Garry, I started the online steady speed sessions. They allow all abilities of player a chance to join with others, to play our wonderful repertoire of traditional music.
18 months on, when I finally got to hear my students play live again, even I was stunned by their improvement during lockdown.
It proved what I had always preached -
Play slower to get better, faster!
We've been asked to continue our online sessions post-lockdown - and we invite you to join in with the magic of our
Slow Music Movement
playing slowly will...
* help you master your instrument
* deepen your appreciation & understanding of music
* give you time to consider every note - its tone, intonation, dynamics.
Every note counts.
before each session you receive...
* our Irish Tunebook as a pdf download, containing more than 50 popular Irish tunes.
* mp3 audio files of the tunes played really slowly
* the playlist for each session a week in advance - plenty of time to practice
then on the night...
* a gentle stretch - each tune played once through slowly, then slightly faster second & third time
* insights and expert technical tips for bringing the music to life
* a workout - we end each session with a 'fast blast' through a tune or two. You like a challenge!
* a warm welcome from our multinational audience
we promise you'll play slowly... and get better, faster!